Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Morons Galore



There is never a shortage of most anything in our society, and that includes morons. Some couple sued one of the Airlines for $12,000.00 because they ordered 7-Up but received Sprite instead. At first the court (more morons!) awarded the money to the couple, but an appeal court overturned it. Amazing, there are still some sensible people out there, even in our justice system.

Another couple sued the same Airline Company, because they were not served in French. Unbelievable! That’s how this whole problem with the language started in Manitoba. Georges Forest didn’t want to pay a parking ticket ($2.00 in 1979 I believe), because it was written in English and not in French. I knew the man. I’m not calling him a moron, because he was a nice man and helpful. My first car insurance broker and he spoke perfect English. I don’t believe it was a language issue with him; he just didn’t want to pay his ticket, but now he is hailed as Language rights activist. The morons were the people who blew it into something so huge and costly to every Canadian.

One of the more infamous cases of being a moron is that woman who sued MacDonalds for four million dollars when she spilled a cup of hot coffee over herself. There are plenty of such cases. In many instances the courts actually awarded these troublemakers and idiots money. I think they should have sued the lawyers and the judges for being such morons.

My wife says not to call them morons. They are far from being that, because they are actually quite smart. They’ve figured out a way to get money for doing nothing. Okay, so they are a bunch of extortionists, vultures, opportunists, shitdisturbers, etc. Not nice names, either. I can go with that. I know someone who would call them A-holes.

I know I’m using politically incorrect names here, but I’m not politically correct. I’ve said that before. We have to call a spade a spade. It’s an overused phrase but it fits.

Something I saw yesterday in the news. Some people are offended by certain Halloween outfits, especially the ones representing native peoples, like Indian Princess. One woman said natives don’t dress in such skimpy outfits. Perhaps they don’t, but these are fantasy costumes. One man put it quite right, “If I want to wear an Indian headdress I do it because I think it looks nice. There is no disrespect in that.”

Would people be offended if someone wears a costume looking like a bullfighter, a Ninja, an angel, a devil, a Ukrainian dancer, or a Hula girl? What makes wearing a native costume a sign of disrespect, but wearing a costume from another culture not? It seems to me there are people out there who are constantly on the search for things they can blow out of proportion just to create trouble and havoc. Like I said—Morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment