Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

#A Christmas Wish

We've already celebrated Christmas last night in the European Tradition, but that doesn't stop us from celebrating again today.

I hope everyone who reads this, has a peaceful Christmas and doesn't forget why we actually celebrate Christmas. It's not all about how many presents we receive or how much those presents have cost. It is much more important to spread Love and Cheer and Happiness and give from our heart, not because we feel obligated to send cards and presents, but because it makes us happy and we feel good. Even if the presents we receive are not always what we expected. As the saying goes: It's the thought that counts and it is better to receive than give.

We had a nice dinner with our children and grandchildren last night and then everyone opened their presents. We play Christmas music and it always brings back memories of Christmas celebrations from the past. We take a little bit of time and reflect. Many of our family members are gone now but we know they are with us in the spirit. Now we are old ourselves and the day will come when one of the children will carry on with the tradition and celebrate Christmas at their place, just as it happened with us when our parents passed away. Hopefully, that is still many years in the future.

I'm always grateful for having such a wonderful family. There is no greater pleasure than watching the grandchildren as they open their presents and reading the homemade card they made for us. It was made with love, and that is the greatest gift I can receive.






Merry Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment