Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hoarfrost on the trees


With this warm weather we’ve been having these last few days, the trees are covered with hoarfrost. It looks beautiful. More so if the sun shines the way it does today. Yesterday we also had fog and it looked dreary. Driving on the highway was no fun because of the fog and the slippery conditions in the morning. Even with the lousy visibility there are still the idiots on the roads who insist they have to drive fast. Many of those drivers drive trucks. Is it their mentality? Just because you drive a truck or a 4 wheel drive doesn’t mean you are safe on a slippery road. Sometimes I just can’t understand people. But nature is pretty fair that way. It gets rid of the idiots one way or another. Unfortunately, when they cause accidents, they also take careful drivers with them.
I snapped a few picture. The last one is from today. The sun is shining and it is plus 4 in our sun-room. We don’t sit in it in the winter. It is only a three-season room, but with this beautiful weather it sure pulls us into that room. We do have a heater in it, but it wouldn’t be very comfortable, because the furniture is still cold. We’ll have to wait until early April before we can use it again. Robby, our little canary, also looks longingly into the sun-room. He loves it in there. When we take him into it in the summer, he just perks up and doesn’t stop singing. Well…he’ll have to wait just like us. Spring is not far away.
What a difference the sun makes. Everything looks so much friendlier. Makes you want to go outside and take a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment