Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mark of the Cobra

I don't want to write too much on this blog about my books, for that I have my other blog Herbert's Place, but a little advertising here won't hurt.

My latest book 'Mark of the Cobra' has been released this last weekend by Melange Books, LLC, my publisher. It is an erotic thriller and not for the faint of heart. I love the cover the cover-artist at Melange Books designed. I did have some input into the picture. I spent quite some time looking for suitable pictures on websites that offer art. I found three pictures I liked. One was a scantily dressed woman kneeling on a bed, another of a man with two guns, and pictures of a coiled cobra. I suggested what I envisioned on the cover and the artist put it together into one pictures and added the title. I'm not trying to take away from the artist, just thought I'd like to take a tiny bit of credit. She did a wonderful job and I'm happy with the results. That is one of the benefits of publishing with a publisher that lets you work with the artist. We do have some input. It is not easy to come up with something useful sometimes. It would be much easier if we could contract an artist like Boris to design and draw a suitable picture, but that privilege is reserved only for the big authors who work with large print publishers. It cost a ton of money.
If you're interested in looking at the picture, please visit Herbert's Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment