Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, October 5, 2012

The first winter storm

How quickly things can change. Woke up yesterday morning to our first winter storm of the season. Blowing snow, high winds, and cold. Brrr. I already hate it. The snow is staying and today it is still blowing and the snow hasn't stopped coming down. I went hunting for geese with my son on Wednesday. It was only 2C in the morning, but later on the sun came out and it turned into a nice and dry day. We didn't get any geese, never even fired a shot. The geese were flying too high and had no intentions of joining our little flock of decoys. But it didn't matter. I spent the morning outdoors and had a little quality time with my son. Those are the precious moments in my life and I cherish them. Time is moving fast these days and I realize I may not have that many years left where I am still healthy and strong enough to go hunting and fishing. But at the same time those activities help me to stay in shape and I will keep at them as long as possible. And when the time comes where I can't go out anymore, I have my pictures and my memories.

Our backyard 2 weeks ago


The view from our window today
The stubble field where we hunted October 3. Nice and dry.
















No comments:

Post a Comment