Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

It's that time of year again. It's Christmas. Time for reflecting, for celebrating, time for presents, and time to get together with loved ones. We say 'Merry Christmas' but how many people really think about what it means and why we are celebrating Christmas? We are so busy buying  presents, turkeys, ham, and all the trimmings for a Christmas meal. Merchants hope to make enough money to offset losses that have occurred during the rest of the year. Christmas has turned into circus for many. There are plenty of people who'll say 'Happy Holidays', afraid to say 'Merry Christmas' as if it is a swearword. Some Schools are not calling their concerts "Christmas Concerts', they call them 'Holiday Concerts'. That is too bad. We are giving in to minority groups who seem offended when they hear and see the word 'Christmas'. There are forces out there who want to change our country and our traditions.
Sure, Christmas is celebrated by Christians to celebrate  the birth of Jesus Christ. I'm not a religious zealot, but I believe what Christ taught. He told us to be forgiving and loving. He preached peace. And that is something everyone should believe in. Let's celebrate Christmas with that in mind. Peace for everyone in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment