Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Strange Phenomena

Yesterday when I went outside to clean my driveway I saw the strangest thing on the plastic Snowman. It seemed a piece of string was wrapped around its nose. When I lifted the end of the 'string' off the ground, it disintegrated between my fingers. I discovered it wasn't a real string at all but a string of tiny ice-pellets. We've had hoarfrost on the trees for a couple of days now, but that usually forms on branches, but this string isn't resting on anything solid. It is just hanging there in the air. How that formed is a mystery to me. Here are a couple of pictures:



1 comment:

  1. Strange thing. When I brushed my car off the snow just rolled off like a bunch of little beads. Your pictures are really neat. Never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete