Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Last Resort

Last night we watched the series finale of Last Resort. Only a couple of days ago I wondered where the show was going. Well, we found out last night. The ending seemed a bit rushed but they wrapped it up pretty good. Not much was left open. I liked that show. Too bad it came to an end. The upside to that (there always is an upside) now we can add another show to our TV time. Don't know which one yet. Perhaps a new show will come up. I really miss a good Science Fiction series like Star Trek. Even The Event was good, but it was cancelled. What else is new? All the good shows I like these days seem to get cancelled. Terra Nova didn't last long. I've always liked dinosaurs. Why? you ask. Could it be because I myself am already a dinosaur? Hmm. Sometimes I wonder. Can't keep up with new gadgets anymore, for one thing. But then again, who, for instance, needs a new cell phone or computer every year? Or a new tablet or laptop? What's wrong with the old one? I bought a new computer a few months ago, 2 Terabytes, with a 23 inch monitor. That is nice, but the only reason I bought another computer was because my old one was getting so slow I could have made a sandwich while I waited for it to change screens. It took forever to download my emails. Sometimes it just refused to do anything. But I liked Windows XP. In fact, I liked it better than Windows 7. Perhaps because I was comfortable with it after having used it for so many years. I saw no reason for a change. Now I have to get used to Windows 7. By the time I'm comfortable with this one Windows 8 will be old. All the new computers have Windows 8. Besides, Windows 8 is not supposed to be that great. I don't  know. It's just what I read. But I wandered off my topic: dinosaurs. I like them. That's why I wrote 3 books about a planet populated with dinosaurs and other nasties: Lizard World. You can find out more about them on my writer's blog Herbert's World.
Another show we started watching is Vegas. In fact, one of the characters in that show is played by Jason O'Mara, one of the main actors who appeared in Terra Nova. Of course, Vegas is not a SciFi show. It's all about Vegas in the 1950s. It's a good show. Will it last?

No comments:

Post a Comment