Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Mob Doctor

Last night we finally got around to watch the series finale of the Mob Doctor. What a great show. Good acting, lots of action, serious, and not filled with stupid bantering between the characters, but, for some unexplainable reason, it was cancelled. I don't understand that. There are so many crummy shows on Television, but the really good ones don't seem to last. What kind of stuff do people actually like? Some of the shows are so stupid. They are supposed to be funny but they are not. Even the serious ones can be boring. We started watching Deception. It sounded good and there are good actors playing in it. I always liked Victor Gerber. But the show is boring, like a soap opera. Nothing really happens. Too much talking. I wonder if it will last.
Why are some shows cancelled? Who decides that they are not good? Somebody must take surveys. I remember the original Star Trek. After it was cancelled, they discovered that whoever took the surveys made a mistake. Star Trek had a huge following, but then it was too late. The set had been dismantled and the actors moved on to other things.
We are still watching  NCIS: Los Angeles and still like it, but sometimes the bantering between the characters gets a bit too much. It is borderline to what we can stand. The producers should decide if a show is supposed to be a comedy or a serious show. One of our favorite shows is Person of Interest. I hope it stays around for awhile. Another great show we watch is Hawaii Five O. A little bit bantering between the main characters, but acceptable.
The Last Resort, good show. Don't know where they are going with it.
Still watching Vampire Diaries, Blue Bloods, Last man standing, Modern Family, Once upon a Time, Bomb Girls, Mike and Molly, Big Bang Theory, and, surprisingly, Two and a half men. They toned down Kutcher's character, he's not so bumbling and moronic anymore, and it is much better now.
Can't wait for Game of Thrones to come back in March. Now, that's a terrific show.

No comments:

Post a Comment