Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I took him for a ride across the river

Finally I caught one of the little rabbits in my trap. It  happened before supper, so I had supper first before I did anything. The little guy tried to escape, but he also ate the carrot and the greens inside the cage. I guess he wasn't too scared. After supper I took the cage with the rabbit for a short ride to the other side of the Red River and released the little feller. I wished him a good and long life. There was plenty of protection there for him and lots of trees and shrubs. He has a good chance. As long as he doesn't find his way back across the bridge because he is homesick or something. Now I have to catch the other little one and possibly the mother, too. I may just make a meal out of the big rabbit. The trouble is I wouldn't be able to kill it. I can shoot one with a gun,  but it is a different story when you're close. One look into those large brown eyes and I'm putty.

No comments:

Post a Comment