Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

#Million Dollar Quartet

Went to the theater last night. The #MTC (Manitoba Theatre Centre) in Winnipeg. Saw ‘Million Dollar Quartet’. The performers (Elliot Loran as Jerry Lee Lewis, Greg Gale as Johnny Cash, Matt Cage as Elvis Presley, and Kris Ulrich as Carl Perkins) put on a convincing and fabulous show. Kris Ulrich rocked with his unbelievable guitar-playing and Elliot Loran was entertaining and funny. He did not just tickle the ivories on the piano—he owned them. What a talent!
The only complaint I have is with the theater-goers. The people who have seats in the center of the row, why are they always the last to come in? So annoying and inconsiderate.

And that idiot in the parking lot? I admit, finding a parking space in that area of Winnipeg is always a challenge. I'm always there early and I found a spot in a lot where most of the spots are monthly parking for 24 hours a day, but there are a very few that allow parking after 6:00 PM and they charge $7:00 for the evening. Which is reasonable. Other parking lots charge $12:00. Robbery, as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, when we went to drive out of the lot, there was this car parked right behind us in the middle of the lot, which wasn't a parking space. This idiot just parked his car right there. It wouldn't surprise me if this person was one of the ones who had a seat in the center of the row in the theater. Got there late and couldn't find a spot.

Fortunately, I never just back out fast in a parking lot. I make sure there is nobody behind me. It could be a person walking by. The thing was, the parking lot was not well-lit and the car was difficult to see. If I had an old car with a steel-bumper I might have been tempted to back up fast and...you know! What a jerk! He was lucky his car wasn't towed away.

Otherwise, we had a great time. Listening to all those old rock-and-roll songs took us back many years. The majority of guests were older people who can relate to that area in our history. No terrorists in those days. You could relax at any gathering and enjoy life.





No comments:

Post a Comment