Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Puzzled

Sometimes I wonder about the mentality of people. Actually, I wonder a lot. My wife watches The Price is right and once in a while I stick my head out of my office and watch part of it. What really bugs me is when somebody bids, let's say $800.00 and the next person says $801.00. With that move the first person loses  any chance of being called up on stage to play the game. However, today one woman bid $801.00 and the next person said $800.00. Even Drew Carey wondered about that. He laughed and made a comment; of course, he needs to be careful what he says.

Now I ask myself, the same question Drew Carey probably had: What the hell was going on in the second bidders brain? He literally took himself out of the game. And he didn't even seem to realize that. Now, the woman who bid $801.00 made it onto the stage and ended up winning the showcase.
My other question is: Did that woman play a shrewd, psychological game by bidding $801.00?

This happened before, by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment