Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Snowman

I made a snowman from papier maché using soaked toilet paper, flower, gypsum, and glue. The hat was the biggest challenge. I made if from thin cardboard. Then I glued it with tiny straps of paper to the snowman. I had to paint the snowman white, because the maché was kind of yellow. For eyes I used a couple of tacks. For a little extra I carved a tiny pipe and glued it into the mouth. The base is a slice of oak branch  which I varnished. then I glued the finished snowman to the base.

My wife actually likes it and lets me display it in the living room. At least for this season.


No comments:

Post a Comment