Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dallas is back and why are they cancelling these TV shows?

Are our tastes so different from the majority of TV watchers? I can't figure this out. It seems the majority of shows we are watching have been cancelled. Here is a list of additional shows we won't see in the next lineup of shows:

Alcatraz
Awake  (I'm the only one in the family who liked it).
Missing (What a great show. Plenty of action and suspense. And no stupid humorous dialog!)
Ringer (That one probably ran its course. I can't see how they could continue. It was a good show. Good action and suspense.)
The Firm. (They moved that show to Saturday, which is a death sentence. I don't see why. I loved the show).
Unforgettable. (This one was interesting. I liked Poppy Montgomery as the cop with a photographic memory. She's a nice-looking woman and a good actress. Perhaps I liked her because of her red hair. But...the show was cancelled).

This may prove my theory correct: Viewers don't like shows where the main character is a woman. Unforgettable, Ringer, and Missing had a woman as the heroine. Sod did 'Chicago Code' and 'Prime Suspect' (also cancelled some time ago). I hope my assumption is wrong.

I am happy to see these shows coming back, but they are not available on regular television:

Hell on Wheels  (A cowboy show about the railroad and revenge)
Game of Thrones  (Fantasy)  Best show ever for a long time.
The Walking Dead  (Science Fiction)
Falling Skies    (Science Fiction)

I hope 'The Borgias' will return. That is a great show. I'm surprised the Church hasn't boycotted that one yet.

Some of the new shows I'm interested in:

Continuum  (Time Travel)
Revolution  (Science Fiction. Apparently, it is about when electricity stops working).
Dallas (Yes! Dallas is back. The New Generation. We'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment