Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Full circle or just a question of mathematics.

Some things never seem to change. When I was a teenager growing up in Germany, we used to go to the movies usually on Sunday. It was sort of a standing joke with my friends: if there was a tall guy in the audience he would surely sit in the seat in front of me. In Germany even going to the movies was regulated. No drinks, no food. Not a bad idea actually. Keeps the room clean, not a pigsty like some movie theaters here. You couldn't sit wherever you wanted, either. You had to fill the row, no empty seats in between. One time I was almost lucky. A short person sat in front of me, but my happiness lasted only for a short time. The usher came and made everyone in the row in front move up, which caused a tall guy to sit in front of me.

Today we went to see 'Footloose' at Rainbow stage in Winnipeg, an outdoor theater in Kildonan Park. We sat in the third row. I was happy to get seats so close to the stage. Unfortunately, my happiness was celebrated too soon.The two seats in front of us were unoccupied until the moment the show started, then the two patrons appeared. The guy who took the seat in front of me must have been the tallest and biggest guy in the audience.
How lucky can you get? I looked around and didn't see anyone that big and tall. The top of the heads of the other people in the row lined up with the bottom of the stage. Not the head of the guy in front of me. His head filled part of the stage.I didn't see the actors in the center of the stage. Last year when we went to see Cats, the fattest woman in the audience sat a few rows in front of me. She blocked out a large part of the stage. I realize these people have to sit somewhere, but why always in front of me? Why...why...why?
Yes, things have come full circle.
What are the chances of that always happening? They say the universe is nothing but mathematics. Everything that happens can be answered through math. I'm sure it can, so what is the equation for getting tall people always blocking my view? What is the equation for winning the lottery?

No comments:

Post a Comment