Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A hot dog at Skinners

It's Canada Day today. We just came back from Skinners in Lockport where they serve the worldfamous hot dog. Well, I must say we were not happy. We paid $12.00 for the full meal (a regular hot dog, homemade fries, a drink). My complaint: Too much mustard on the hot dog. The homemade fries were too small, too crunchy, and too greasy, and only a small portion.
What the heck happened to the prices? $12.00 (incl. Tax) seems a bit steep. I can get a large hot dog (or a polish sausage) on a large bun and a drink for $1.50 at Costco. (plus tax)and it tastes much better than the worldfamous hot dog.
I used to eat a hamburger, but I've gotten sick too many times. I haven't been to McDonalds for years. I got sick from their hamburgers 3 times in a row. Two years ago, on Canada Day, I had a hamburger at Skinners, got sick from that one, so I decided to eat only hot dogs from then on. About a month ago I got sick from an Uncle Burger from A & W. The only place I haven't gotten sick yet is Burger King.
I'm sure glad our kids are grown. We couldn't afford to take them out for a hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment