Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, July 9, 2012

We're being screwed

Why are gas prices still so high? The price of a barrel of oil has dropped to the low $80.00 level. A few weeks ago it was even below that. It is strange, when the price of oil goes up only a couple of dollars the gas prices soar, so why don't they go down when oil prices drop?
Because the oil companies are playing with us, in a way stealing our money, just like the banks when they raise their interest rates to unreasonable levels.
Oil is ruling this world, that's why we have wars, that's why we don't have electric cars or cars with motors that run on other, cheaper fuels. And our governments do nothing about it because they are controlled by the oil companies. In many ways the economy is also controlled by the price of oil (as it is by the interest rates). High gas prices mean high transportation prices which translate to high produce prices. Everything is connected to the price of gas. The state of our economy can partially be blamed on the oil companies.
I wrote a book, a mystery, Bullet of Revenge, that touches on the subject. The book will be released by the end of this month. I will announce it here, even though I'm not using this blog to advertise my books.
Perhaps you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment