Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lockport Dam Festival 2012

This weekend is the Lockport Dam Festival. We took a drive there yesterday afternoon to check it out. We looked at the vintage cars, but didn't go into the fenced-in area where the main stage is and  where the vendors have set up their tables. It cost $15.00 per person. We don't care much for the music anyway and just to look at the vendor's tables doesn't justify spending that kind of money. We went to the Festival 2 years ago and didn't have to pay anything. At first we wanted to go to Stonewall for the Quarry days. They have a parade, vendors, stuff for the kids, and a show, and it doesn't cost anything, but it rained yesterday morning, so we didn't go. People don't like to pay to see these events when there are some that cost nothing. I don't know how well the Lockport Dam Festival was attended, but we didn't see that many people.
We went to see the fireworks in the evening. There were many people there to watch it. That was free. We set up our chairs in the park by the river and enjoyed it.. It didn't last that long, but it was a nice display.
When I read in the paper last week that they charge admission I sent them an email wondering if admission was also charged to watch the fireworks and see the vendors, but I never got a reply. I guess I wasn't important enough to receive an answer.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes... I agree there should be no charge. And $15 a person is crazy. They get a good thing going then wreck it.

    ReplyDelete