Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

African drums instead of Christmas

If it weren't so sad and serious I would laugh. The administrators of the Hastings School in Winnipeg have decided to cancel Halloween celebrations and to make it even worse, there will be no Christmas Concert either. (They called it Winter Concert last year). Instead of the Christmas Concert there will be a performance of African Drums.

African Drums? In the winter in Winnipeg, Canada. Is this a joke? There are forces out there that are desperately trying to mold our Canada into their image. We bring in all these new people from cultures that are so different from ours. We let them leave their country and come here because we want them to have a better life. It means they don't like it where they live. They, apparently, like our conditions better. Yet, when they come here, instead of integrating themselves into our culture they try to change ours into theirs, therefore creating exactly the same conditions they left behind.

We don't want to change. We like things they way they are. I'm an immigrant to Canada, but I adjusted, accepted the way things are here. This is my country and I don't want it screwed up. It is time Canadians start saying No to this political crap and demand newcomers adopt our ways not the way around.

I left a comment with the article by Jon Hendricks on the CTV website and suggested the principal and the administration of the Hastings School should be fired. I don't know if they will publish it. That's how I feel. It makes me angry and every Canadian should feel the same way.

1 comment:

  1. So true, We agree with you on this 100%. Very well written and I'm sure there are tons of people that will agree with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete