Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Is there a need for the Senate?

If a private citizen would pull a stunt like that, like overcharging for expenses, they'd be fired, and, possibly, charged with fraud. However, government employees, especially the higher up they are, like being a Senator, get away with it. Two of the 'Three Stooges' complaint they wouldn't be able to carry on if they'd lose their high salaries and pensions. They couldn't buy the expensive drugs they need. Funny, with all those fantastic salaries they didn't manage to save some money for a rainy day the way private citizens do with less money? This whole thing is too comical. Now they're going into the 'attack-mode'. That is just typical. A cornered rat will always show its teeth. I remember a Prime Minister who did the same thing after being accused of taking money and not declaring it. He sued the country for a million dollars and got it. Nice, and I can't get any money from the Compensation Board for my hearing aid that I need. And I paid into the Compensation Board in case I get injured on the job or get other ailments that are job-related. Should I sue?
I wonder how long this will be dragged out, wasting time and money, taxpayers' money. Instead of working and producing something positive, this gang of MPs argues and argues and gets nothing done.
As for the Senate? Do we need so many people at another level of government that cost the country millions of dollars? People who do absolutely nothing, when it really comes down to it? (They only have to work 72 days, if one can call it work.) I don't think so. It is time to abolish the Senate and retire the whole lot of them. They will still cost the taxpayers a fortune with those high pensions, at least eventually that cost will phase out. However we will save on the expenses. That will be an immediate saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment