Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, December 27, 2013

The Walking Dead

I just finished watching the final episode of The Walking Dead. The final episode, number 16,  of Season 3, which was aired in 2012. There are already 8 episodes of season 4. I only watched the first 5 minutes of it and I am hooked again. I love the show. Plenty of action and good character development.

You see, my wife doesn't like the show, so I have to watch it when I'm alone, which doesn't  happen too often. Actually, she was home today, but I am suffering from a bout of larengitis today, so she said, "Why don't you relax today. Perhaps you want to watch your Walking Dead." I said, "What a great idea, so I did. I still had 2 episodes to go. I watched them both. The only thing  is I can't  turn up the sound, but that's no problem. I have headphones hooked up to the TV. Usually, I watch those shows she doesn't watch when I'm walking on the treadmill, which I haven't  been doing much off lately. Never seem to have enough time.

The reason my wife doesn't like the show is because it is about Zombies. She doesn't like Zombies. I told her it isn't all about Zombies, it is about how people behave in situations of stress, when tragedies strike, and when the world around them falls apart. Okay, there is a lot of gore and blood, but once you are over the shock of watching that, it isn't  so disturbing anymore. Killing Zombies is just part of the story.

I can't wait to begin watching the new episodes. But it will have to wait until next year. Sounds so far away, but I know it isn't. It will give me an incentive to do some walking on the treadmill. Now that the Christmas rush and the Fall rush is over things should slow down a bit.

We're supposed to get a winter storm with up to 15 cm of snow tonight and tomorrow. We may even get blizzard conditions. Not looking forward to that. I just finished blowing the snow off the driveway and I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Maybe the storm will miss us. It has happened before. I sure don't envy the people on the West and East coast. They are being hammered right now. There are still so many people without power in the Toronto area. I have a generator, which gives me a little peace of mind. I can always hook up my furnace to it, as long as we have the gas working, should we get a power outage. We can cook on the BBQ or on a small propane cooker.

Let's hope, though, it doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment