Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, February 20, 2015

#Stupid people

Oh, it's crying time again...



Today we went shopping to #Walmart. We buy our groceries there. The products are of good quality and the prices are right, much better than at Safeway. But that is not what I want to write about.

I wish they charged one dollar for the use of their buggies. They don’t and that is the problem. Perhaps it is not my business, but it upsets me when I see shopping carts all over the place in the parking lot. Some people are so lazy, they can be 10 feet away from the shopping cart returns, but they still leave their carts in the parking place they vacate.

Today I saw a cart right beside the driver’s door of a truck, courtesy of his neighbor who left it there. The return spot was across on the other side. Are these people really so lazy, unconcerned or just stupid?

While I waited for my wife to come out of the bathroom, I stood near the entrance to the store, inside the store. One woman came with her buggy after going through the cashier, took out her bag with groceries and just left the buggy standing in front of me, right beside a rack where the  movie ‘Dumb and Dumber’ was displayed. I thought it is quite appropriate. She was even ‘Dumber’. Besides, she blocked the walkway to the exits. How stupid can you be?

Why do people leave perishable items anywhere on the shelves if they change their mind? Why don’t they take stuff out of the freezer, carry it in their cart for a while, and then change their mind and just leave it on a shelf that displays clothing? Why not put it back into the freezer?

What makes people like that? Perhaps it is the location of the Walmart store. It is in Selkirk. Is it the type of people that shop there? I can’t mention any ethnic groups, because these days one has to be careful. Everything is considered either a racial slur or a slur against ethnic minorities, even if it is the truth. The truth always hurts. I don’t feel of being accused of that. Could it be it is just the Walmart Shoppers? I hope not, because, damn it, I am a Walmart Shopper. What does that say about me?

I always return my shopping cart. I always park my cart out of the way in the isles so other shoppers can pass me. I try to be considered to other shoppers. I don’t block traffic by standing and talking with somebody I run into. I move aside. How hard is that? 



2 comments:

  1. Very well put. We shop at Wal*Mart here in Kelowna as well. I don't think it is location based, I just think there are a lot of ignorant people out there. Sorry to say. Shopping carts are all over the place and people just walk past them on the way into the store and then get a cart? I too have moved many carts away from people's cars. Here also they stop to dig out there shopping list as the just get inside the door blocking the entrance. Even in the mall there are always people who block the isles either looking at something or stopping to talk to someone. Same with the ones that think it is really important for you to hear their cell phone calls while you are having coffee. Opps. that is another story. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Those annoying cell phone callers who must share their conversations with the world are another story.

    ReplyDelete