Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

#Viruses and Adware

I spent hours this past week to get rid of annoying audio popups on my computer. Out of nowhere I suddenly heard voices and music, even when I wasn't on the internet. One time I came into my room and there is some guy talking about something and he kept going on and on, wouldn't shut up.

 Constantly asked for my email address to help him in his fight for something I wasn't interested in.
My virus program didn't find anything. It told me everything was okay when it wasn't. I downloaded an anti-threat tool kit and a program called 'Housecall' from my virus-program provider, but it was useless. They ran for hours, searching, but they came up with nothing, and yet, those annoying ads kept popping up constantly.

I finally searched the internet and found a website that let you download a program called ADWcleaner. I think it did the trick. Unfortunately, it also deleted my toolbars, which I found so handy. I miss that world-map on one of them. One click and an interacting map popped up to find any place on Earth.

Before I did anything else, I cleaned my history and deleted all the cookies. That was also inconvenient, because now I had to sign in into every one of my sites, like Facebook, Blogs, the Bank, and all the other places I visit daily.

There should be stiff penalties for these hateful individuals and hackers who put viruses and malicious adware into unsuspecting users of the internet. Even email isn't safe. I've been getting one who sent me a copy of his passport with the note that he wanted to wrap up this deal fast. What deal? I sent him a reply asking him about the deal, but, of course, no such email address existed. There was a zip program attached. I never open those anyway. Those email get deleted as soon as I see them, but still, it is annoying and makes me angry at those jerks.

I say bring back the death-penalty for them. But before they get executed, put them into a room for a month and let them listen day and night to advertisements.

I hope your computer is virus and adware free.

Good Luck and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment