Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Cheer, Love and Happiness



 I don’t like to post negative stuff, but, unfortunately, we don’t live in a perfect world where everything is just peachy.
Yesterday, since the temperature was plus 4 C, I decided to hang up our Christmas lites outside. Last year I purchased and installed clips on our eaves trough. I took the lites off after Christmas but left the clips in place. So I figured it wouldn’t take me no time at all to put up the lites.
How wrong I was! I climbed up the ladder for nothing. So much for the enjoyment of putting up the Christmas lites. No joy and happiness this year.
The clips I purchased only a year ago just snapped into small pieces when I tried to push the lites into the designated holders. They practically disintegrated. Not just a few of them. No, all of them! Even the unused ones that were still in the box.
On the box it says ‘For seasonal use only’. What the heck does that mean? Good only for one year? Or ‘use only in Summer’?
How can they sell such garbage? I bought these at Home Depot, but I saw the same type at Wal-Mart, just in a different box. I’m sure other stores sell them also.
I bought new clips today. They seem to be okay. They don’t have that ‘plastic look’ to them. We’ll see  how they are next year.The lites are up. Fortunately, the weather cooperated.
I put all the broken pieces back into the box and I will take them back to Home Depot. I won't get my money back because I didn't keep the bill, but they will know I'm a dissatisfied customer.

Here are a couple of pictures. The pieces on the box are from one of the broken clips.



No comments:

Post a Comment