Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I was interviewed



Today I was interviewed by a group of young movie-makers for a documentary they are making about the roots of Harlequin Books in Winnipeg. I don’t write for Harlequin, but since I’m a local writer and I write and publish books that contain erotica I am one of the featured authors.

I must have talked for over an hour about how I got started as a writer, my thoughts on romance and erotica, and about my books. I hope they got enough material to make me come across as knowledgeable and competent. One never knows how they’ll be editing my ramblings. They seemed to be satisfied with what they got and they promised to make me look good. I wasn’t too happy with my voice. I’m in the last stages of a cold and last night I still coughed out my lungs, but that’s how it usually goes. I was glad to be able to talk at all.

They took snapshots of my books and let me talk about some of them. Hopefully, it helps to put my name out there.

It is different to be interviewed on paper where you have more control and are able to edit things yourself. Sitting in front of two cameras, lights on your face, a large microphone hanging in front of you, one clipped to your shirt, and three interviewers asking questions while you are supposed to look only into one camera is a little daunting. Especially, if you’ve never done that before. Once a word or sentence leaves your mouth it’s out there. You can’t edit it away and make it sound better.

I think I’ve done okay, though. I was never lost for words, never hmmed and ahhed.
The whole thing is scheduled to be aired sometimes in April 2013. It depends how the other interviews go and how long it takes to put it all together into one coherent documentary. I’ll be able to view it before it goes live.

No comments:

Post a Comment