Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Perhaps there is a Santa Claus

I went to Home Depot today, even though the weather was lousy and driving treacherous. And I didn't feel great with the cold I've been fighting. Took back the Christmas lites clips. I didn't expect any money because I didn't have the bill, but lo and behold...they gave me a bonus card in the amount I originally paid for the clips. It  pays to be friendly. I didn't make a big scene when I returned the box with the clips. I told them I wasn't a happy customer and it would be a good idea to stop selling those clips. The lady behind the counter was very sympathetic and said she couldn't give me any money but if I would be happy with a bonus card. I was. I am.
Who says there is no Santa Claus?
When I was still in business I used to buy a lot of electrical material from Home Depot. I like shopping there because their prices are good and they keep stuff in stock.
Thank you, Home Depot! Especially the lady behind the counter.
I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. That is great Herb. It is so nice when you are treated fairly.

    ReplyDelete