Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Don't quit now



We all get a little depressed at times and sometimes we just want to quit what we’re doing. Here is a little poem I’ve got above my desk to remind me never to quit. I don’t know who wrote it. I’ve had this for a long time.

Don’t quit now!

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will
When the road you are trudging seems all up hill
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest  if you must, but DON’T QUIT !!!

Life is queer with it’s twists and turns
As everyone of sometimes learns
And many a fellow turns about
When he might  have won had he stuck it out
Don’t give up, though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems afar
So stick to the fight when you are hardest hit
It’s when things seem worst
THAT YOU MUST NOT QUIT !

No comments:

Post a Comment