Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, December 1, 2014

#Escape Plan



Last night we watched the movie Escape Plan, starring #Sylvester Stallone and #Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Sylvester Stallone’s character is the owner of a Security company and he specializes in escaping from high security prisons.

I’m not going to go into details about the movie, because I don’t want to give away anything about the plot. All I’m going to say is that I was pleasantly surprised at the direction the movie took.

Arnold Schwarzenegger looked cool with his beard and he played his role well. I don’t think he is a great actor, but he has a certain charisma about him and I like him. He is one of my wife’s favorite actors. We’ve seen all of his movies (except his first one where he played #Hercules under the name of #Arnold Strong. They dubbed his voice in that movie).

My wife doesn’t care much for Sylvester Stallone, but she admitted she liked him in this movie. She could even understand him when he was talking. I always liked him. We’ve seen most of his movies, but only a couple of his Rocky movies.

The other actors were #Jim Caviezel. We know him from the TV series Person of Interest where he plays John Reese. We’ve been watching that series from the beginning, but lately we are getting a little disappointed with it and we are debating if we should continue watching it. It turned into another regular Cop show.

Another actor worth noting was #Vincent D’Onofrio. We used to watch #Law and Order: Criminal Intent, where he played Detective Robert Goren. He pretty much acted the same way he did in that TV series.

#Escape Plan was a good Action movie and we enjoyed it. Not too many twists and subplots, which made us older fogies enjoy it even more. Some of the TV shows we watch get sometimes too complicated and we lose interest after a while. They are great for putting us to sleep, though.

Anyone enjoying a nice, basic Action movie will enjoy Escape Plan, providing they don’t mind a bit of violence and like Arnold and Sylvester. We do. Both actors are getting old, like all of us, but they are keeping their bodies in good shape and they are looking great.

I’m looking forward to Arnold’s next #Conan movie, where he plays an aging King Conan. I’ve been a fan of Conan ever since I read the first short story by Robert E. Howard, when the Character of Conan, the Barbarian was still unknown to most people. I was ecstatic when I saw the movie featuring a young Arnold Schwarzenegger as Conan and I immediately became Arnold’s fan. I loved all his characters in his other movies and it was too bad he wasted his time as the governor of California. He could have made many great movies during that time. Now his movies may never again be the box office hits they used to be. Fans are fickle and they forget quickly. New actors appear and the fans move on. That is life.

So, if you are dying of boredom and need a little bit of action to get you excited, watch Escape Plan. I recommend it. However, if you're too old and have to watch your pulse rate, or if you watch only romance shows with no action and nothing but endless talking, don't waste your time.

Whatever you decide to do, have a wonderful day. Enjoy every moment and don't waste a minute doing stuff that makes you angry or sad. Wasted time can never be recovered. It is lost forever.

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment