Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, May 15, 2015

An entertaining fun-evening



Last night we went to Celebration’s Theatre for supper and to be entertained by a play they put on. The theme was ‘Once upon a Time in Graceland’. It was modeled after the TV show ‘Once upon a Time’, but they sang songs by Elvis Presley. I don’t want to talk about the show here. I just want to say we enjoyed the performance immensely. All the performers showed great enthusiasm and plenty of energy, and all were talented.
 
The whole evening started at 6:30 and ended at 10:00 PM. We were not bored. I also must compliment the organizers. Everything was coordinated well. They had plenty of personnel on the floor to serve the guests. And it seemed the place was pretty much filled. Even the servers are in costume. The guy who served us was dressed up as a genie and he was funny and entertaining. Usually I don’t joke around with the servers, but this was different. The servers interact with the guests and you just have to play along.

They started the evening out with serving a bowl of soup and after that a plate of garden salad and buns. That’s also the time they took our orders. Then the first part of the play was performed. Once that was done, they served the main course. I had roast beef with corn, broccoli, and roasted potatoes. My wife had the chicken breast. The portions are not huge but plenty for us. Everything was tasty and still warm when they brought it. Again, I have to say that everything was so well organized. The food was served so quickly and you never had the feeling that you were waiting. It was actually amazing, because they had to serve many people.

We had our own table just for two, while many guests had groups of four or even six people at one table. But those people were together. You didn’t have to sit with strangers, which was also nice.
They gave us sufficient time to eat our dinner, and then the show continued. And after the second part was done, we got desert. I had apple strudel and my wife had cheesecake. Both tasted great and the portions were large. We drank wine and beer. After the desert they finished the show.
 
All I can say, we enjoyed it very much and we had an entertaining evening. In fact, we’ll be going back to the next show which is called ‘Modern Family’.


Today it was demonstrated again how the Universe deals with idiots. We went for lunch between shopping. Through the window, I watched a woman as she pushed her shopping cart into another bunch of shopping carts, which were already parked in a spot not designated for the carts. People are so damn lazy; they can’t even walk twenty feet to put away their shopping carts. Anyway, the cart she pushed into the others was the ‘Straw that broke the camel’s back’. The momentum of her cart started the whole collection of carts moving. Just at that moment her husband came by with his car to pick her up and one of the carts scraped along the side of his car, causing a big scratch the whole length of the car. The rest of the carts rolled across the road and one almost hit a parked car.

I couldn’t even feel sorry. Stupidity and laziness is sometimes costly. Had she followed proper procedures and stored the cart away in its proper spot the whole incident would never have happened. Yes, the Universe may be cruel, but it is also just. We can’t get away with anything. There is always a price to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment