Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Our chokecherry tree

We have a chokecherry tree in our yard. It is around 23 years old and it has the Black Knot disease, which means it is slowly dying. Every year in the spring and fall I cut off all the diseased branches and I have managed to keep it sort of under control. Unfortunately, the main trunks are infected and it is only a matter of time before the tree dies. Until then we enjoy it and I hope that will still be many years. It is blooming every spring and this year is no exception. The blooms only lasts a few days. Last night we had a thunderstorm with high winds and heavy rain and that was enough to take the beauty out of the blooms. Here is a picture I took Saturday when the tree was in full bloom:


No comments:

Post a Comment