Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

What's with the weather?

What a crazy month! May started out pretty good, but then we had a heatwave that lasted one day and then it got cold. A few days ago we even had frost. Yesterday was a mixture of conditions. We had sunshine, drizzle, tiny ice pellets, and cold. Today it rained for a short time and as I write this (17:30) the sun is shining. However, there are dark clouds gathering to the north. I am keeping my plants for the garden in our sun-room, but I have to heat it at night. The sun keeps it warm during the day.

After applying fertilizer to the grass and the rain we had it started to grow--and so did the dandelions. I was going to cut the grass today but now it rained. So I'm hoping that I'll get a chance tomorrow. I need to cut the grass because of the dandelions. I won't cut short, just enough to cut off the dandelion heads and then I'll take everything to the dump. Usually, I keep the grass to use in my garden for mulch. Not this stuff.

It is 17:37 and it is raining again--but there is blue sky to the north. What a screwed up day!

Our chokecherry tree is starting to bloom. I can see small specks of white on the blooms. As soon as the sun warms up the air within the next few days we should have a tree in full bloom. So should my apple-trees be. That's when spring will finally be here.

Fishing season started yesterday, but it is too cold to go fishing, even though I'm itching to try out my new Shimano Sedona fishing reel.

Thursday evening we went to Celebrations Dinner Theater and saw Rock around the Clock. There were only 6 performers; all were from Winnipeg. What a bunch of talented young men and women! We enjoyed the show immensely. They sang all the old Rock and Roll songs and they did them well. This was our fourth time there. The food was, as always, great. We will go again, that's for sure.

In July we'll be going to Rainbow stage. We bought season's tickets again. I always buy them as soon as they are on sale and we have front row seats like last year. There are two shows only this year. And we shall enjoy them also.

Looking forward to next week. I'm going to Costco to get my hearing tested, which means I'll finally be getting a hearing aid--hurrah!! I'll be able to hear what people say about me when they think I'm out of earshot. Surprise! My wife will be happy when I don't have to ask anymore, "What did she say?" when we go to a fast-food place and order or when we watch TV.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment