Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm looking for a new TV

We have a 20 inch TV, a white one, in our Living room. It is fairly old but looks and works like a new one. It is one of those heavy ones well suited for an anchor in a boat. With all those new flat and light TVs, this one is practically an antic. I heard not even Value Village wants them anymore. I won this one years ago and I hate to get rid of it, but sometimes one has to say good-bye to old friends and look for new ones. We rarely watch TV on this one, because we spend our evenings watching TV in the lower level of our home, where we have a 46 inch Flatscreen TV with surround sound. (It seems small now already, since there are much larger ones out there, and pretty cheap, too). However, on the old TV we can't even get the weather channel, because everything is digital now.

With Black Friday coming up this weekend I did some searching on the internet and I located a RCA 32 inch LED TV at Walmart, going on sale this Friday at a price of $168.00. I checked out the specs and it has what I'm looking for, especially a USB connection. That is important, because sometimes we like to look at holiday pictures which I put onto a flashdrive. We don't want to spend much money on this TV, because it is only going to be used on the odd occasion. Best Buy and Costco have a couple I would be interested in, but at a higher price. We'll see how we like the one at Walmart. Incidentally, our old TV is also a RCA and it has performed well all these years. RCA is an old name and we are quite familiar with it. We've had RCA radios, Tape players, and VCRs over the years and were always satisfied with their performance. Hopefully, the quality is still there with the new TVs.


No comments:

Post a Comment