Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, November 22, 2013

It is cold outside

Got my Flu-shot today. My doctor moved to a new location. His clinic is inside a hospital now. I didn't quite know where to park because I didn't know exactly where the entrance to his clinic was, so I parked on the street. It was far to walk to the entrance and it was freaking cold.

I've been getting the Flu-shot for years now. I do believe it helps to prevent severe cases of the flu. I remember the first time I got the shot. My wife asked me to find out what was involved, so when I went to my doctor for a checkup, I asked him to give me some information about Flu-shots. H didn't say anything, just pulled out a needle and a vial and poked the needle into my arm. When I asked what he just did, he said, "I gave you a Flu-shot." So I said, "I didn't really want one. I just wanted some information for my wife." He said, "Well, now you know." I told him the story today. He didn't remember it, but he said, "That must be at least 25 years ago now." Then he laughed. He thought it was funny. I think so, too. It is part of my funny stories that happened to me during my life.

I used my snowblower yesterday to remove the snow from my driveway. A while ago I gave the snowblower a bit of a tuneup, but it really acted up yesterday. Sputtering like crazy. I fooled around with the air mixture screw until the motor sounded smoother. I hope it stays that way when the next snowfall comes. I read somewhere never to touch those screws. Well...I did. I hope the snowblower-police don't come and haul me away now. It reminds me of the label on mattresses that say it is unlawful to remove the label. I wonder if people actually remove those labels.


No comments:

Post a Comment