Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Poem for you



A Song of Snow and Ice

They tell me it was Easter
But I wouldn’t know
I look out of my window
And all I see is snow

There is no grass
No flower to be seen
All I see is white
And I’m dying to see green

The trees they are a sorry sight
Not even one little bloom
No leaves on their bare branches
My mind is full of gloom

I’ve had enough of winter
It was much too long
Apparently it is springtime
It seems the calendar is wrong

The temperature is plummeting
To minus zero every night
There is something wrong I tell you
This just isn’t right

All this snow, I’ve had enough
I want it to be gone
I want to see the sun shine
I want to see my lawn

I’m ready to see rain
That makes the flowers grow
But mostly what I want
Is to get rid of this darn snow

I usually don’t complain
Cause I’m pretty tough
I’m used to a long winter
But enough is just enough

I’m ready to go fishing
With my new fishing rod
But I’m stuck here in the snow
Until the ice has thawed

As I sit looking out of my window
Feeling sorry for little ol’ me
I hear a robin singing
In the old choke cherry tree

There may be hope, I’m thinking
And it won’t be long
Until my grass is growing
And I can sing a different song

© 2014 Herbert Grosshans

No comments:

Post a Comment