Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

#Noah

We went to the movies today. I can't remember when we did that the last time. We watch all our movies at home on TV. We have a 46inch TV, but there is just something about seeing a movie on a huge screen. We paid $17.00 for the two of us. Senior's price.The regular price would have been $21.00. That is a lot of money. If you still want popcorn and a drink, you'll have to take out a loan from the bank. Fortunately, we are not into snacking when we go the movies. We used to go a lot before we bought our big screen TV.

We say the movie Noah, starring Russel Crow. He is the reason we went in the first place. The movie was okay, not what we expected. Okay, we know the story. Anyone who ever heard of the bible knows the story about the Great Deluge and how Noah saved his family and all the animals by building the Ark.

You have to watch it without being critical. It's just a story, nothing else. A fantasy story.  One wonders how one man can built such a vessel as the Ark by himself, but the way Noah did in the movie was done quite well. How humanity started fresh after the Flood is and will stay a mystery, like I said, you watch the movie without asking any questions. There is no logic to the biblical story anyway, as there is no logic with how humans were created and how humans multiplied with only Adam and Eve and Cain. Well, like my Sunday School teacher told me: "We don't ask those questions."

There was somebody a couple of rows down from us checking his email messages on his cell phone continuously. How annoying to have a bright light shining in your eyes. Before the movie started there were a bunch of people in the row in front of us playing with their phones. What is it with some people? Are they so addicted to their phones, ipods or whatever they carry in their hands all day long that they can't even live without them for a couple of hours? That is sad. Why do they bother going into public places in the first place? No wonder so many people are nervous and have some kind of mental problem these days. Whatever happened to just sit and relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment