Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

#Smoking Pork Loins Update

Well...well...well...

I hope nobody was eager to follow my recipe on smoking pork loins.

We just finished eating them. Not the gourmet experience I expected. They were too tough, too salty, and a bit too smoky. We ate only half of them. The rest I will eat as thin slices on my bread for lunch with an egg or avocado slathering the meat to mask the salt and smoke. But I'm not giving up.I will try smoking them again maybe next week. With a few changes.

Less salt.
Less time in the brine.
Less smoking time.
Different wood for smoking.

I have a lot of respect for butchers and people who have perfected smoking meats and other foods.

Perhaps next time I put an untried recipe on my blog I should add: 'Don't try this at home!' or 'Do so at your own risk'.

No comments:

Post a Comment