Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Man who pissed from the Bus



In the news this morning about a school bus driver who relieved himself onto the sidewalk standing in the door of his bus. According to a witness, he did this every day. A woman took videos of that criminal act and went public.

The woman called the bus company, but they, apparently, did nothing about it.  She didn’t want the man to lose his job over it, but she was bothered by the man’s activity, so she finally went to the media. Because of that, the company fired the man.

Now, I don’t condone urinating onto the sidewalk or against a building, but it probably happens every day downtown. This is the thing: okay, so the man urinated onto a public sidewalk; he probably had a weak bladder, but he had a job. Unfortunately, now he lost it, because of an unpleasant habit.

If that woman was so concerned about it but didn’t want to cause the unfortunate man any trouble, she should have waited until he was done with his business and then confront him. Instead, she decided to go public with her story. Because of that, she didn’t leave the company any choice but to fire the man.

Congratulations, lady. You are now officially a member of the Club of Do-gooders who usually do more harm than good. You’ve managed to cause a man to lose his job. He probably will have trouble finding another one when he has to explain why he was fired, but you are keeping the city safe from people who piss onto the sidewalk.

Keep up the good work, but your job may not be done. There are still plenty of people out there who use a tree in the park or another public spot to do their business. Many probably have no jobs they are in danger of losing because of some Watcher-of-the-Righteous-guild who reports this sort of crime. That may not be as satisfactory, though. Good hunting.

Not everyone will agree with my evaluation of this situation; I know my wife doesn’t. She thinks that woman did the right thing. Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I for one think she was wrong. She’s a busybody. I don’t care much for busybodies and do-gooders. There is much more stuff going on in the world that needs fixing and our attention. Pissing from a bus is not exactly a world-shattering event.

No comments:

Post a Comment