Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

#The 2016 Federal Budget



No good news today again and no funny stuff, either. Sorry.

I guess all the non-ambitious people, the ones who contribute nothing to the tax-fund, the families with a stall full of children, and the unmarried women with a bunch of children should be happy today that they voted for the Liberals. It seems Prime Minister Trudeau and his Liberals are determined to plunge this country deep into debt and give away money we don’t have in addition to the taxes the hardworking taxpayers are forced to contribute to the government coffers. The way they are borrowing and spending money our grandchildren and their children won’t be able to pay off the huge debt load.

6,500 Dollars for each child under six and over 5,000.00 Dollars for each child between six and seventeen. It seems not practicing birth control pays off. It also gives girls and single women an incentive to get themselves knocked up. No worries—the government will take good care of them and all their children. The refugees with their large bunch of children will also be benefiting from this.

Nothing in the budget for the hardworking men and women who pay the taxes; nothing for people who save for their old age, and nothing for the small business people who create jobs. Capital gains will be taxed higher, donations are not tax deductible any longer, and there are many other little things to take away the incentive for ambitious people to work hard and save. No help for pensioners, either.

The indigenous people are getting billions of Dollars, but they are not happy. According to their chiefs it is a good beginning. How much money do they want and when will they be happy? When the country is broke because the taxpayers have finally been sucked dry and give up?

There is one positive thing, though. The money that is given to the natives to improve their standard of living will actually create jobs. They will need construction materials and trades people will have to erect the houses. Hopefully, they will also employ young natives and teach them the trades so they can fix things themselves when they break down instead of waiting for the government to come and fix holes in the doors and walls that somehow mysteriously appeared out of nowhere. We’ve live in our house for over 20 years now and we have no holes anywhere. Of course, we’ve repainted some of the walls just to make them fresh looking.

One question pops up: Are the natives getting these houses for nothing? What I mean don’t they have to pay for them like other Canadians who buy a house, take out a mortgage and pay for that house for the next 25 years or so with money they earn from working on a regular job? Just wondering.

The Conservatives were right when they said, “He isn’t ready.”  I don’t think the Liberals know what they are doing. I still can't believe they ended up as the government with such a majority and I also think they did not expect to win at all. That's why they were not ready to run a country. This budget proves it. I can only hope that the people in our province of Manitoba learn from that when they vote in the upcoming election. Our Provincial Liberals have no agenda, but they tell us to ‘Believe’. 

I believe. I believe that they will screw up as badly as their Federal counterparts.

I have no idea who to vote for. None of the parties have anything to offer me.

Perhaps tomorrow I have more positive stuff to write. One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment