Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, May 18, 2012

About gluttons and idiots

Sometimes I can't believe how many idiots share this planet with me. I know to use the word 'idiot' is not politically correct in these crazy times we live, but I'm not politically correct. Yesterday I heard about this 300 plus pound guy who went into an 'All-you-can-eat fish-fry' restaurant. He ate so much the restaurant finally ran out of fish, or nearly ran out. When he demanded more, they brought him ten filets and told him that was it. They were running out. Let's not forget, he wasn't the only customer in the place. Just think about this...ten filets in addition to the ones he already ate, which must have been an enormous amount. No wonder this guy is so fat. He doesn't know when to stop eating. We ate fish today (like we do most Fridays). My wife and I, we usually eat between 375 to 450 grams, nearly a pound, that's usually three filets each. And we have enough.

To come back to this 300 plus pound guy. He made a big fuss and accused the restaurant of false advertising. He started picketing the place and said he'd be back every day to eat his fill. He was doing it not for himself but for every customer who comes to an 'all-you-can-eat' place.

Give me a break here. This guy is a glutton and selfish. The only thing he will achieve is to kill the 'all-you-can-eat' restaurant business. They'll be putting limits on what you can eat. Instead of fighting for the rights of restaurant-goers he will spoil it for everyone. I can only shake my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment