Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

White-crowned sparrow

We feed the birds all year long, winter and summer, that  way we can enjoy watching them from our sun-room. In the winter most of the birds go south. The only ones that are loyal to us are the sparrows. Most people don't appreciate the sparrows, but they are quite beautiful in their own rights. We still have some Slate-colored Juncos and a few different varieties of sparrows at our 2 feeders. There are so many different species and they are difficult to identify. One small family of White-crowned sparrows have arrived at our feeders these past days. There is also one lonely Purple Finch who comes to feed. There might be a female in the crowd. They are harder to distinguish from sparrows as are the female American Finches. We've also had 4 Chickadees visit us all winter, and a few Blue Jays. They sure clean up the sunflower seeds. Here is a picture of the White-crowned sparrow. I got it from Wikipedia.


No comments:

Post a Comment