Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, April 30, 2012

American Goldfinch

I saw an American Goldfinch in our yard today. Weeks earlier than usual, but his year everything seems to be earlier. I immediately went out and put up the goldfinch feeder. It is a long tube which I fill with Nyger seeds. They will, of course, also eat seeds like sunflower seeds, and others, but the Nyger seeds are their favorite. The finches usually breed in our yard. We have low shrubs and a hedge of caragana which are suitable for them. Last year we had fewer finches than in previous years. Hopefully, this year we'll get more. They are such beautiful birds.

The picture below is courtesy of the americangoldfinch.blogspot.ca. I borrowed it since I don't have my own picture. I hope the owner of that blog doesn't mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment