Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ringer and other shows

We've been watching the show 'Ringer' since the beginning. Never missed an episode. What a great show. You never knew what to expect. It is the story about two twin sisters. One of them is a prostitute and the other one is married to a rich guy. The prostitute, Bridget, witnesses a murder and is supposed to testify, but she is afraid for her life and wants to get away. She turns to her sister for help. Her sister apparently commits suicide and Bridget takes her place. Since I'm a writer myself, I have to take my hat off to the writers of the show. They came up with new twists every episode. Truly, in my mind, one of the better shows on TV this last season.
We watched the final episode this past week and it was not disappointing. The way the show ended, it is hard to see another season, because everything seems to have been explained and I can't see where they can still go with it, but they have brilliant writers and they may just surprise us with new twists and plots. I wouldn't mind if they brought it back.
There are so few really good shows on TV these days. Most of them are 'cops and robbers' type shows. Some are pretty good, like Blue Bloods, or Criminal Minds. My wife likes The Mentalist. I can take it or leave it.
We love Person of Interest. Still about cops and bad guys but a bit different. Another show we love and find exciting is Missing. It is about a female ex-CIA agent whose son gets kidnapped. Lots of tension in that show.
Then there are these shows we watch: The Firm (this one seems to be on shaky grounds, that's why they moved it to Saturday. I don't know why. It is a good show.), NCIS: Los Angeles, Once Upon a Time (I can take or leave this one, but my wife likes it), Grimm (good show and it is so different).
We also watch Vampire Diaries, but I have to download this show from the internet. We don't get it on the channels available to us.
But the best shows yet are Game of Thrones and The Borgias. Both in their second season now. I have to download them from the internet also. There is lots of sex and violence in these shows and they would not be broadcast on regular TV. Too many 'Purists' out there who like to dictate to us what we can watch, write, read, and do.
I'll write about both these shows in another blog.
A couple of other shows I wouldn't mind watching are ''Awake' and 'Touch'. My wife doesn't care for them and there is only so much time we want to spend watching TV. Besides, we also watch a few comedies, like Two and a half men, Mike and Molly, Modern Family (the best of them), Last man standing, The Big Bang Theory. We have a PVR, so I record the programs and we watch them when we get a chance. If we don't watch all of them now, in the summertime are the repeats. So this way we have something to watch even during the summer.
Oh, I forgot: We are also big fans of Survivors and The Amazing Race.

I've created a page with the title: TV shows we watch. If you're interested, just click on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment