Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

New book release and newly mounted antlers


I don’t want to talk too much about the books I’m writing here, for that I have my other blog ‘Herbert’s Place’, but a little bit of advertising won’t hurt. I’ve had a new book released today by Melange Books, LLC. Another book in my erotic science fiction series ‘The Xandra”. It is the fifth book with the title ‘Escape from Paradise’. So far I’ve written six books in that series. Book 6, Iceworld, will be published in May. Right now I’m writing Book 7. No title yet. That won’t come until I’m finished with it.
Anyone interested in reading more about it, please, visit my blog ‘Herbert’s Place’   (click on 'New Releases) or my website ‘Herbert’s World’ to read an excerpt and where to buy the book.

A few years ago, in the year 2004 to be exact, I shot a nice White Tail deer buck, but unfortunately, I shattered the skull plate and I wasn’t able to mount the antlers. We mount our antlers the European Way which is different from the way they are mounted here in North America.
Some people don’t want to see the white skull plate and cover it with velvet. Personally, I don’t care for putting velvet on the skull plate. It doesn’t look natural.

Those broken antlers lay in a box all these years. This year, for my birthday, my kids bought me a mounting kit. It is made from plastic and looks quite realistic. I finally mounted the antlers last week and they look good. From far nobody will notice the difference. Finally, they have a place on my wall with my other trophies. The picture below shows only four of the mounts I have. It is the wall going down into our basement. My wife allowed me to hang them there because I ran out of space and wall in my office.

The newly mounted antlers are on the top left. The ones directly below them belonged to a nice buck I shot in 2005. I know some people don’t like hunting and may think mounted antlers look disgusting, but that is their prerogative, as mine is to go hunting and mounting the antlers of the bucks I shoot. Besides, the meat also tastes great. I don’t have a full head-mount of a deer, even though I wouldn’t mind having one, but my wife would find that disturbing, and I respect her view and wish.



No comments:

Post a Comment