Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Freedom of speech...an illusion in the free countries?

This young soldier was muzzled today by the military. He could face  $800.00 in fines and/or two years in prison. What did he do that was such a terrible crime? He disobeyed orders. Wow! What orders? All he did was show the injuries he suffered while fighting in Afghanistan and talked about the problems many soldiers face after coming back home. The government is cutting many positions in the military, including many of the psychologist the soldiers can talk to about their problems. He spoke out against it. Terrible crime, isn't it? Here are our young men and women putting their lives on the line fighting a war that should never have happened, in a country that doesn't even want us there. They lose limbs and suffer other injuries and when they come back home they aren't allowed to talk about it? And that in a free country? What is happening over there that the military and the government doesn't want the taxpayers who fund that war to know? Makes me wonder. Things like that bug the hell out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment