Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Omar Khadr



  
Some things just bug me. Apparently, Omar Khadr, the guy who was held in Guantanamo Bay for killing an American soldier is suing Canada for 20 million Dollars, because Canada did not help him to get out of prison.

How is this even possible? Here again is a perfect example how terrorists and other criminals take advantage of our ‘Western Ways’, our right to freedom and certain other human rights. This is where the ‘Bleeding hearts’ shine, because they even condone such behavior.

The Khadrs have openly declared to be an ‘al’Qaeda-family. The father, Ahmed Khadr, was killed in 2003 by Pakistani Security forces. His brother Abdulkareem Khadr was severely wounded in that same attack, and it left him a paraplegic. Our Canadian government brought him back to Canada, because he is a Canadian citizen. Now he is most likely taking advantage of our health care system.

His other brother, Abdullah Khadr, spend five years in a US prison. In 2010 the Ontario Superior Court ordered him released on the base of shocking and unjustifiable human rights violations. I’m sure Abdullah was innocent and just a victim of mistaken identity.

I still remember Khadr’s mother and sister as they were shown on TV, dressed in their traditional garb, their faces covered, and screaming. We must remember his sister was born 1979 in Ottawa, Canada, and yet, she did not accept our Canadian ways, denounced them even by refusing to dress the way we dress. And this has nothing to do with religious freedom. Talk about spitting in the face of your host.

Omar Khadr was born in Canada, a Canadian citizen, but he decided to join a terrorist group in another country, denouncing his country of birth. In a sense he rejected our country and our way of life.

And yet, his family is taking advantage of our health care, our welfare system, and all the other good things our western ways offer. And the guy has the nerve to sue his own country! Of course, that is nothing new. One of our own Prime ministers did exactly the same thing, but that is another story.

Only in Canada, eh?

We should have given that whole family a one-way ticket to Afghanistan or Pakistan a long time ago, since they love that way of life so much. Just my opinion and my right to express what I think about it.

I didn’t make any of this up. All the information can be found on the internet. Here is one link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khadr

No comments:

Post a Comment