Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Will it ever end?

It's been snowing for the last few days. Today I took out my snow-blower and cleaned the driveway, even though it was snowing. I hoped it would stop, but it hasn't. Now there is even a weather advisory out. On top of the blowing snow it is also friggen cold with windshield temperature up to minus 40 C.

I was at a meeting tonight. The speed limit on the Hwy I travel is 80km/hr. I drove 75 because of the slippery sections. Of course, there was one guy in a truck who figured it is still summer. He passed me at such high speed I thought I wasn't moving. He must have been driving at least 100km/hr. I almost expected to find him in the ditch, but I didn't.

When I drove home at around 9:30 pm it snowed a bit heavier and I drove at around 70km/hr. A few cars passed me. Every time they passed they left a cloud of snow in their wake, snow that lay on the passing lane. It drifted in front of me creating near whiteout conditions for me and the drivers behind me. I consider that  careless driving. Beside the poor visibility it was also slippery. They never learn.
When I was on the road yesterday I saw a few cars in the ditches. Drivers who thought they were safe inside their cars and accidents only happened to others, according to their thinking.

Well, I guess I'll have to clean my driveway tomorrow again.

Will it ever end?

No comments:

Post a Comment