Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014

Well, here it is, the year 2014. Let's hope it will bring good times. Most of us just want to live and enjoy life, but sadly there are always those living among us who are not happy unless they can inflict pain and misery onto others. It is difficult to understand those kind of people. They have their own reasons for doing it, be it to please their god or be it hatred toward those who don't believe what they believe, be it jealousy, envy, greed, or just plain sadism. We can only hope that we are always far away from the places they single out to commit their awful deeds.

I'm talking about those suicide bombers that are targeting Russia right now. Their goal is to create chaos and to disrupt the Olympic Games, and to keep people from visiting Russia. It is such a wonderful thing to have people from all over the world come together in peace and watch athletes show off their skills. But these terrorists are not interested in world peace. All they are interested in is their own agenda. How they can even justify what they are doing is difficult to understand. Violence only breeds violence. You can't expect to reach you goals by committing violent crimes toward others. Why anyone would want to kill himself (herself in extreme cases) for some cause is beyond me. I can't get my mind around the fact that anyone can be brainwashed to the extend that they want to commit suicide. It doesn't even make sense. Strangely, it is never one of the leaders who commits suicide. Only the poor suckers they can convince that it is the right thing to do. What do I care about the world when I'm dead? Why kill yourself so others can have a 'better' life, whatever form that life is supposed to be? Do they actually belief that their reward will be to have sex in the afterlife? Such thinking blows my mind. If you want to have sex, have it here, in this life. There may be nothing after this, anyway. It's all hearsay. Nobody knows anything, even if they try to convince their followers that they do.

So my wish for the year 2014 is to have some sort of peace in the world, for people to put their energy into spreading love and kindness instead of violence and pain, for people to give instead of taking, to do the job themselves instead of demanding others do it for them, to show love instead of hate. I like to close with this little #poem that I wrote:

Smile instead of frown
look up instead of down
Laugh and do not cry
Live, pretend that you will never die

Appreciate the things you have
and face each day with a hearty laugh
Enjoy the company of your good friends
For it brings great dividends

Be positive and have no fear
Have a wonderful and a Happy New Year
                                                                        Herbert Grosshans












No comments:

Post a Comment