Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Is homosexuality normal?



 Another athlete came out of the closet proclaiming she’s gay. Whoopee! What exciting news. Just what I was dying to find out, and because there is no other news. As a straight man who is attracted to women I thought Another beautiful girl lost to some what could have been lucky man.

By the way, this article is not intended as gay-bashing. These are just my thoughts on the subject.

I don’t really care if someone is gay or straight. A person’s sexual preference should never even come up in our daily interaction with each other, except when a sexual situation arises. It’s nobody’s business what people do in their bedroom, and that’s where it should stay. I get annoyed when I watch TV and a big deal is made over the fact a guy is a homosexual. These days you can hardly watch a TV show without some reference made to somebody’s sexual orientation. And I don’t approve of ‘Pride Day’, where men and women dress up (or undress) to showcase that they are gay.

What’s this thing about ‘Proud to be gay’ anyway? That’s like saying I’m proud to be white, or black, or whatever. Why would one have to announce that they are proud of the fact they were born that way? The only reason to be proud of something is when it is earned or achieved, like a Gold Medal in the Olympics. Now that is something to be proud of. (Silver and bronze are okay, too ). There are plenty of other accomplishments a person can be proud of, like getting straight A’s in School, or getting a driver’s license.

This phenomenon of so many gay people coming ‘out of the closet’ has got me thinking. To be sexually attracted to the same sex is not normal, no matter what the media and other groups of interest are trying to make us believe. The whole business of having intercourse was designed by Mother Nature (I’m using the word Nature here. This is not about Religion!) to propagate a species, which means intercourse between a male and a female. Period. Okay, certain scientists or ‘make-believe-scientists’ will say you can impregnate a female artificially, or some life forms will multiply by cell-division or other means. Again...this is not about biology either. I’m talking about higher evolved animals...like humans. Some people will argue about humans having evolved, but let’s just assume it is so. .

The following account is how this whole thing could have happened:

Had I been Mother Nature and designed a concept like that, I would have asked myself, “How can I make them join their bodies to produce offspring? Aha, I have an idea. I’ll make them feel good about it, really good. In fact I will create hormones that will make the male to be attracted to the female.”

The system worked really well, in fact so well that males and females had sex all the time, even when they didn’t want to produce children. (I know that some churches are trying to tell their member they should not enjoy sex. It is a dirty word, but that is food for another article).

The whole thing worked fine as long as there were not too many people on this planet, but, unfortunately, like with anything, there are two sides to every coin. A good side and a bad side. Suddenly a new danger appeared: Too many offspring. Too many people. What to do?

Illnesses and plagues would be a good thing to get rid of some people. Conflicts, accidents, crop failures, catastrophes like floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes and anything else I can throw at them should do the trick. But it didn’t work. Unfortunately, these little bastards were still multiplying at an alarming rate! They managed to survive all those things and still made babies. What else can be done?

There is only one thing to do. I will change their genetic makeup. I will make males to be attracted to other males and females to other females. That should work.

Just a theory, but who’s to say I’m wrong?

Seriously, I personally believe that it doesn’t matter what the sexual preference of a man or woman is, as long as they don’t constantly rub it into my face. Same goes for Religion. (I had to get it in somewhere )

Judge a person not by what they are but by what they have accomplished and how they conduct themselves. (Herbert Grosshans).

No comments:

Post a Comment