Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Olympics in Sochi

We watched the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics in Sochi. Very nice and impressive. The Russians sure put a lot of effort and money into this.

The Olympic games exist to bring countries from all over the world together in peaceful competition and it is something good. Of course, there are always those who have to bring politics into it. I don't even want to mention the terrorists who are trying to create chaos in the whole world in their fanatic obsession with their religion.

I'm talking about the gays and lesbians. Okay, so Russia doesn't tolerates them, but the athletes, be they straight or gay, are welcome. No politics here and no sexual preferences. The homosexuals are flying rainbow flags all across Canada. I have to agree with the Mayor of Toronto on this one. He said the Olympics are about the Olympics and nothing else and demands the rainbow flags to be taken down. Only the Canada flag should be flown at this time.

I agree and all I have to say is the world does not turn around homosexuals all the time. There are still plenty of straight people out there and they are in the majority and they are getting annoyed with this constant bombardment. I don't care if they fly their flags whenever they want to, but not during the Olympics. Trying to create a disturbance and constantly hanging out their sexual preference doesn't help their cause to be accepted.

Just my observation.


No comments:

Post a Comment