Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, February 14, 2014

What's with certain people?

We drove to Winnipeg this morning to babysit.  A couple of nights ago it snowed, about 10 - 15 cm. Our driveway had more than that. The highway we used had already been cleared. However, the passing lane was still a little slippery.

The right lane, which was traveled the most, was not bad. I drove around 82 km/hr. Speed limit is 80 km/hr, but there were quite a few drivers who passed us. Some must have been going over 90. Like I said, the passing lane was still slippery.

Then we saw one woman driving at that speed and using her cell phone. I guess the $200.00 fine if caught, isn't enough deterrent. I hope she never ends up in the ditch or worse, causes an accident and injures herself and others because she is so stupid. Maybe ending up in the ditch would be a good thing for her, though.

Yesterday, there were quite a few accidents again. They always blame the road conditions. Of course, it's the road condition, but that only means SLOW DOWN, IDIOT!

I am baffled. Are people really that stupid? Don't they watch or listen to the news? Many accidents can be avoided if drivers would slow down and drive according to road conditions. One can always only hope that those drivers don't involve innocent people who use sound judgement when on the road.

That's my rant for today. I wish I had something good to write about. Oh, right, it is Valentine's Day today.  I have something nice to say.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment